I’ve been updating Megadeluxe’s car section and going through the archives, and I came across this book from Stance & Speed on the ’52 Cunningham C-4RK. A beast of a racer.
From Stance & Speed:
A decade before Carroll Shelby took his Cobras to Europe, Briggs Cunningham brought American horsepower and know-how to the 24 Hours of LeMans, where he challenged the supremacy of the great European marques on their home soil. The C-4RK was a one-of-one streamlined coupe—a LeMans special of sorts—designed with input from one of the most famous automotive aerodynamicists of all time, Dr. Wunibald Kamm.
• Stance & Speed :: Author: Ted West :: Photographer: Peter Harholdt
• Cunningham Sports Cars :: 1952 C-4R/C-4RK :: Briggs Cunningham Website
• Briggs Cunningham :: Italian Flair and American Muscle :: NY Times article
• (Video) Jay Leno takes a look under the hood of the C-4R 1
• Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum :: Philadelphia